Here are the instructions to start our chapter:
Start a Chapter to Champion the Internet Society Mission in your Community.
- Gather 3-5 people to serve on the chapter formation committee and as interim chapter officers.
- Set a meeting to discuss the need to start a chapter in your community.
- Create a vision statement and set goals for the chapter including 1-2 projects for the first year.
- Create a Chapter action plan with detailed responsibilities, a timetable, potential partners and a plan to track progress.
- Determine a name for your chapter (Internet Society and Chapter must be in the official name).
- Invite 25 people to join your efforts as foundational members of your chapter. All 25 must be Internet Society members and can join here.
- Answer application questions here in accordance with Internet Society Chapter policies. Submit completed application to Kellee Elkins [email protected].
- When Chapter Bylaws are finalized, ISOC staff sends the Chapter Charter letter to the Chapter for signature. Chapter status moves from “in formation” to “full” and will be visible on our website’s Chapter map. The Chapter gets access to the Chapter Portal to update their list of officers & members; receives official Chapter logos and other visual assets from ISOC Digital Asset Management tool. The Chapter is officially announced to the Chapter Delegates, ISOC all staff, Regional Chapters, the Chapter Advisory Council. The ISOC Board of Trustees officially welcomes the new Chapter at its next meeting. Global ISOC members in the country are invited to join the Chapter.
Learn more about Internet Society Chapter Resources and ISOC Foundation Grants. *In order to receive supporting funds from the Internet Society the chapter must establish a non-profit entity and bank account in the Chapter’s legal name.